17 June 2008

Lauren has been moved to a regular hospital room.

Thank you again to everyone who has been praying!

We arrived at the hospital at 8am on Monday morning for Lauren's double hip replacement surgery. Twelve hours after our arrival, after six hours of surgery, she was moved to ICU for observation. Today, after eighteen long hours in ICU, we were moved to a normal hospital room.

Lauren has begun eating some, and has longer periods of being awake. Lana and I think she is having quite a bit of pain, but she still has an epidural (also known as a "spinal block") to help manage it.

We have received cards, calls and email from around the world. We are very grateful for the family of God that has joined with us in praying for Lauren.

If all goes well Lauren should be going home by Friday. Still she will have six weeks in a body cast and months of therapy. However, the surgery should keep her hip in socket and we are hopeful she will be riding horses again within six months or so. Who knows -- she might even walk with her walker again one day (a skill among many that she had lost because of her chronic hip problems).

God bless you for caring!

1 comment:

Mel Gruver said...

Praise God for the surgery going so well!! What a blessing that you all had the opportunity to speak with that boys mother beforehand as well. I know that it will feel like a long six weeks, but God is good and and Lauren is in the best hands (yours and His). I wish I could be there with my little sister and my family but may the Lord watch between me and thee while we are absent from one another. I will continue to pray and I love you all. -mel
p.s. I better be seeing pictures of a pink body cast soon!~ :)